Sunday, November 27, 2011

And then there was light!

 My dad is awesome. He took down the filthy, dented, ugly storm door, and put up a prettier porch light.
 This is one of Mom and Dad's finds from their thrifting/antiquing jaunts. They always had pretty light fixtures even though moved often. They just took their favorite fixtures down and put the orginals back up before selling the houses, and I figure I will do the same in my rental. I'll store whatever fixtures I take down the basment, and put them back up if I ever move.
 Taking that storm door down lets the pretty wooden door show. If I put a screen door up this summer, it will be a Victorian style that fits the house.
Before............................and..........................After
Quite a difference made by just removing something!

No comments: