Thursday, November 24, 2011

Getting ready for Thanksgiving

This year the kids are going to their uncle's house with Joe, so it will be a quiet dinner dinner with Mom and Dad. I have been working to get things put away enough here so that we can have dinner at my house.

The table is working out great. It's just the right size for this little room. Mom and Dad have a cute light that I'm going to hang over the table, but I haven't gotten that far yet. I did get some chairs though. I went to Pier one and got them during their sale. They have a distressed black finish, which is great...because they'll surely get more distressed as time goes by! Even though they are new, they look great with the antique table. I'll have to post a picture without the tablecloth after Thanksgiving.

 I got a little more storage by adding a bookshelf to the dining room. Lots of books and some treasures made by my kids.

I made a pumpkin pie and some deviled eggs tonight. I'm cooking turkey breasts tomorrow, so I don't think I have to get up as early as for a big turkey.

No comments: