Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Movember

Over the summer I biked more days than not and lost 15 pounds without even really trying. I've noticed a few of those creeping back since it's gotten windy and cold here. So, I'm going to participate in Movemeber, when lots of men grow their mustache to raise awareness about men's cancer.
So you might ask, "What does that have to do with losing weight?"  Well, Barbara at Running Strong for Hope has turned it into a fitness challenge as well. Just move for 30 minutes every day during the month of November. Anything counts as long as you keep moving for at least 30 minutes: raking leaves, playing tag with the kids, jogging, walking, dancing, etc.
I can't grow a mustache, but I can move.  Want to join me? Move every day, and if you want to make a donation you may do so on my page.

No comments: