Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Cozy Bungalow


I bought a house! It's in my old neighborhood and I love that...I already know lots of the neighbors! Here are some pics we took the day I got the keys:
 I'm going to love this. It's a nice big south facing front porch...and it's shaded by trees...ahhhh.
The dining room has a pretty buffet with little mirrors across the back. The living room has a fireplace! All the windows on this side of the house are original, and I'm glad because they have lots of character. The windows in the other side of the house have been replaced and they are mostly in the bedrooms.

This is the other end of the living room. The little room through the French doors will be my art studio. The stairs lead to finished attic space.
The fireplace. I'm thinking built in book cases on either side of it. I've seen that in lots of craftsman style houses, and I could use the book storage space.
Here is the kitchen. The sliding door leads to a nice deck.
More of the kitchen. Wright's is coming to replace the kitchen floor soon, with something that matches the back splash better than blue plaid.
Not a big kitchen, but I think I can make it work.

Living Room
Living room looking towards the front door.

I'm excited to work on this. It's just right for me: not to big, and not too small. Most of the work are things I can do like painting and gardening, because the former owner kept the house in good shape. Hawkeye and I are looking forward to having fires in the evening...we have both missed that in our rental house.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable bungalow!!! I seriously LOVE it! I also live in an old bungalow. You are lucky the trim was not painted. Love that buffet too! You are going to have so much fun decorating it!

Susan

pedalpower said...

Thank you! I'm glad about the trim too...I'm just giving it a once over with a rub on poly to bring it back to life. It's not a fancy wood like walnut or oak, but I think it's going to look great.

Christie said...

I love this house! It has "good bones" - ready for your unique touches - yet it's not a big, overwhelming project like many old bungalows can be. And the treelined street outside takes me back to my childhood in smalltown Illinois. I LOVE THIS HOUSE! (You've got a neat dog, too!)

sonia a. mascaro said...

Congratulations!
Your house looks beautiful and lovely!